Thursday, January 26, 2006

I hate Wednesdays.

Wednesdays are impossibly LONG for me. I was at the theatre from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. yesterday. I still haven't recovered. I work in dinner theatre (not nearly as painful as it sounds, we actually do really great work.) So, in order to support my theatre habit, I wait tables. I firmly believe that if you want to see how rude, hateful, and cheap the human race can be - just be a waitress. We had two shows yesterday, and I waited for both shifts. LONG LONG day. The matinee was all old people. Forget the myth of the sweet little old ladies. These were demon women who poke you in the butt with their walkers and canes and demand "DECAF" immediately.

But I digress from knitting... I'll bring this back around, I promise!

The good thing about my job as a lighting goddess is that I can knit while I run lights! Granted, I have gotten yelled at a few times for knitting during the show, but generally - as long as I don't screw up the lighting cues, they leave me alone about the knitting. Honestly, I find that knitting helps me stay focused on the show. If I don't have anything to knit, I tend to zone out and miss cues.

So, two shows yesterday, I got a little done on the lone jaywalker sock that is awaiting the second skein of yarn.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Look! It has a heel! I did some work on this earlier today, so I'm a little further along than this picture shows.

I also did a few rounds of the white striped version.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I'm starting to have a little anxiety about this one. I'm so new to knitting socks, I'm concerned I won't be able to translate the pattern so it works on the Magic Loop. But I'm just going to keep trudging along and see what happens. If I can't handle it, I can always transfer the stitches to the dpns and finish the sock that way. I really like this yarn. It's light weight and I like that the stripe colors are randomly patterned.

Well, I'm off to do a little more knitting before I have to force myself back to the theatre so I can sling coffee at old people again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

You should be fine translating the DPN instructions to magic loop. The only trouble I had was picking up the stitches but once I did the first sock, the second was a breeze!

They are looking awesome! I can't wait for finished pictures!

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home