Saturday, February 04, 2006

Saw a great show today.

Saturday is my day off. It is the one day a week where I do not have to set foot in the theatre. So, what do I do on my day off? I go to the theatre. I know... it's just sick! But, it was definitely worth it. My friend Cheryl and I went to see Midwives at Round House Theatre. It is a stage version of the novel Midwives by Chris Bohjalian. Gotta say - two thumbs up. It was really good. I thought the adaptation from novel to stage was quite good. The story is really intense. Good book, good play. Round House has this great program called "pay what you can." On certain dates, they offer tickets for whatever you can afford to pay. Fits quite well into my tight budget!

Of course, while I was waiting in line for tickets, I whipped out the infamous white sock. Yes, I'm still plugging along on it. I worked on it at intermission too - which of course drew comments and questions from the people sitting around me. One woman wanted to get into a huge discussion about what the sock yarn was made of. Not "what are you making?" Not "Oh look, you're knitting!" but "what is that yarn made out of?" It was kind of strange. She made no indication that she was a knitter too, so her question seemed a little odd.

I've been trying to decide what to bring to my knitting group, which is meeting on Tuesday. I really should go back to my sweater, but I had that with me the last time I went to knitting group. I'm a little embarassed at how much I've been neglecting it! I really want to finish some socks before I go back to the sweater. I think it is quite feasible that I will finish the second green sock before Tuesday. I don't want to take the white sock with me. (I think I'm starting to resent that stupid white sock! It's taking too long!)

What I've been thinking about is bringing the brown Regia yarn with me and seeing if I can get one of the knitters to teach me how to do two socks at the same time. Hmmmm.... of course, I'd need to find a new sock pattern..... hmmmm.... decisions decisions!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Hi Coleen! Thanks for dropping by my blog! Before we moved here to Cleveland, we lived in Takoma Park, MD -- right in your neck of the woods. Those green socks are gorgeous. I love that cable pattern. I will have to visit Craftster and look for it. Then I'll be sure to ask about that mistake! :)

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home